Behavior Technician Job Description
A Behavior Technician (BT), also known as a Registered Behavior Technician, RBT, or ABA Therapist, works 1-1 with young children on the autism spectrum to support skill development, under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
- 1349 W. Colfax Ave., Lakewood, CO 80401
SALARY, BENEFITS, & PERKS:
- $20-25/hour for billable time with salaried roles for advanced RBT positions
- $17/hour for training and non-billable time (approximately 10% of weekly hours)
- $500 training completion bonus
- Paid training upon hire and continually throughout the year. You do not need to be certified to start this position!
- Quality health insurance: medical, dental and vision plans
- A company 401k after 1 year of employment
- Paid time off: 10 company holidays for full-time employees + 15 paid time off days for vacation or sick time (following 3-6 months of tenure)
- Unlimited unpaid, planned time off
- A “Time for You” program to take extra time off work when you need it
- Short term disability
- Daytime weekday hours (shifts occur Monday-Friday between 8am-6pm)
- Opportunities for career exploration in Behavior Analysis, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Psychology, and other roles
- 30 hours per week guaranteed for full-time employees. Most RBTs work 32-38 hours per week.
- Opportunity for promotions, raises, and/or bonuses based on performance at standardized 3 or 6 month intervals.
- A center-based setting with hands-on support from masters and doctoral-level clinicians.
- Free supervision for graduate students working toward BCBA certification/licensure.
- Clinical Placement available for SLP and OT graduate students.
- Implement a play-based form of ABA. You’ll practice the most evidence-based form of ABA for young children, the Early Start Denver Model (ESDM)
- On-site rapid Covid testing for all employees. Never scramble around for a rapid test again!
- A culture that cares about you and your growth! Shout outs, boo-yahs, and staff appreciations for your hard work!
- Quarterly all-staff professional development days
- Bi-monthly staff lunches
- A team that is deeply invested in care quality for kids
- Provide 1:1 direct intervention for children 2-6 years old in a center-based setting based on developmentally appropriate, naturalistic ABA therapy
- Follow the intervention plans developed by clinicians in the fields of Behavior Analysts, Speech, and Occupational Therapy
- Collaborate with each client’s team of Behavior Analysts, SLPs, and OTs to provide high quality support for your clients
- Work closely with the RBT team to provide continuity of care between providers
- Actively engage in ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Build relationships and connect with mentors in a wide variety of fields
- Build meaningful and professional relationships with families; communicate and share progress with them on a regular basis
- Receive ongoing feedback, coaching and professional development from your BCBA to improve and grow your practice and skills
- Minimum requirement: enrollment in degree programs related to Child Development, Psychology, Education, Speech & Language Pathology, Occupational Therapy, or a related field
- Preferred candidates have a bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Psychology, Education, Speech & Language Pathology, Occupational Therapy, or a related field
- Previous experience with children between the ages of 2-6, preferably in a professional setting
- Previous experience with the neurodiverse population (e.g. autism, ADHD)
- Embody a playful spirit and the ability to connect and engage with young children
- A desire to be part of a team who works toward a shared mission and vision
- Clear professional communication, both verbally and in writing
- Fluency navigating devices such as computers and tablets
- Have reliable transportation and ability to arrive at the clinic site on-time daily
- Meet the following physical requirements: sit and stand frequently and shift positions quickly, lift up to 50 lbs., sit/kneel on the floor, sit in a chair, stand, and walk