Occupational Therapist (OT) Job Description
- Denver: 2170 S. Parker Rd. Denver. CO 80231
- Plan and implement naturalistic occupational therapy for young children ages 2-7 years old in a center-based setting
- Conduct multidisciplinary assessments and create treatment plans in coordination with other clinical specialties (ABA, speech, psychology)
- Develop interventions for young clients to support client gross motor skills, fine motor skills, feeding, and other activities of daily living
- Learn a play-based form of therapy. You’ll be trained to implement the most evidence-based form of ABA for young children, the Early Start Denver Model (ESDM)
- Be a part of an interdisciplinary care team, specifically collaborating with ABA, speech therapy, and mental health services to plan and implement effective programs for young kids, including co-treatments with the speech therapy team
- Coach and mentor a team of RBTs to effectively translate OT goals into their therapy, and support their career growth and progression
- Monitor client progress, update treatment plans and goals, and communicate needed changes to team members and families
- Partner with client families to develop goals, build relationships, communicate progress, and coach and support them in their journey
- Desire to be a part of an organization working to advance the standard of autism therapy.
- Have a Master’s or Doctorate Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program
- Have your license to practice occupational therapy in the State of Colorado
- Have 3+ years as a practicing Occupational Therapist
- Embody a playful spirit and the ability to connect and engage with young children
- Clear professional communication, both verbally and in writing
- Fluency in navigating devices such as computers and tablets
SALARY, BENEFITS & PERKS
- Salary of $70,000- $80,000 a year
- Implement a unique model of therapy! Learn a play-based form of therapy for young kids, the Early Start Denver Model (ESDM).
- Receive trainings and continuing education, and work with national experts on ESDM implementation. Soar also covers the cost of ESDM certification for interested clinicians.
- A focus on AAC. We focus on utilizing all forms of AAC to support client communication.
- Small caseloads and center-based environment. You’ll have a caseload of 12-15 children, all sessions in the center, reasonable productivity requirements, and regular office hours Monday-Friday.
- Real multidisciplinary collaboration! Work closely with ABA, OT, psychology, and/or LPCs in our center via client overlaps and weekly interdisciplinary care meetings.
- A mission deeply focused on care quality for kids. We are a local Colorado organization deeply committed to advancing the standard of care for young kids with autism, via high-quality, ethical services to their families.
- A culture that cares about you! Shout outs, boo yahs, and staff appreciations for your hard work.
- Great company benefits!
- Quality medical ($0 deductible), dental, and vision plans.
- A company 401K with company contribution.
- 9 company holidays plus 15 additional days off.
- A “Time for You” program to take extra time off work when you need it.
- Short term disability for all staff covered by Soar
- Opportunities to grow your career in a growing organization: multiple opportunities and avenues for career advancement as a clinician.